Terms & Conditions
Ashlyn Framing Studio prides itself on first-class customer service. I want all of our customers to be entirely happy with every interaction they have with me and every purchase from me. If for any reason you are unhappy, then I want you to understand my terms and conditions.
I aim to deliver the best possible customer experience and I therefore adhere to all current and proposed legislation in addition to trade body guidelines. The conditions detailed below do not affect your Statutory Rights or Consumer Contracts Regulations. All contracts are concluded in English.
QUOTES & PRICES
- All my prices are quoted in Pounds Sterling
- Quotes are valid for 30 days
- All of my quotes are free and non obligatory.
- Prices do not include Postage and as each piece is bespoke, I will advise you of the cost of the postage prior to the work being started once the size of your work has been determined. You may wish to collect your frame in person, and I am happy for you to do this in order to protect the work.
ORDERING AND PAYMENT
- Once you let me know that you want something creating, I will contact you to discuss your idea and requirements. At this stage please do make sure you have given me all the details, images and ideas of what you would like me to create. I will work exactly on that basis and come up with a design
- I will then provide you with a provisional design that best displays your memories. This design can be altered in order to meet your requirements.
- Once you are happy with the design, I will create a listing for you.
- You will then need to send any pictures, memorabilia, mementos to me in order that I can produce a final design (please see Mailing of Items)
- You will need to check all details, pay for your piece in full including the postage, and confirm that you are happy for me to start making your frame.
- Timescales are not guaranteed, but I always endeavour to process your order as fast as possible.
- Timescales will be dependant upon material availability and supplier deliveries.
- Throughout the process you will receive updates regarding the progress of your piece and expected dispatch timescales.
COLLECTION OF ITEMS
- I am happy for items to be collected from my studio, however this will be on a appointment only basis.
MAILING OF ITEMS
- You should not send artwork/items for bespoke framing to me without prior agreement.
- You should ensure you package your artwork/items sufficiently and send via a signed for courier.
- You are responsible for insuring it in transit.
- When I dispatch an item, it will be packaged to ensure that the work is protected as much as possible, and I will use a signed for courier service. You can chose to collect your piece in person if you so wish and this should be arranged with me beforehand.
CANCELLATIONS AND RETURNS
- My cancellations policy is as per the Consumer Contracts Regulations act 2013.
- Once an order for made to measure goods (bespoke or tailor-made) has started to be manufactured it cannot be changed or cancelled for any reason whatsoever.
- Made to measure goods I supply include, but are not limited to, picture frames, mounts, boards and glass.
- Made to measure goods cannot be returned for a refund unless they are unfit for purpose or not as described.
DAMAGED ITEMS AND MAKING A CLAIM
Although every effort is made to ensure that your items are securely packaged in the best way possible, I am not naïve to think that accidents don't occur.
- Claims for breakages or other damage must be made to Ashlyn Framing Studio within 3 days of receipt either by email, telephone or post. Any other issues must be brought to my attention within 28 days of dispatch.
- If you receive a package clearly damaged during shipping then I’ll take care of it, and there are some things you can do to help me.
Upon receiving such a package, either do not sign for it or clearly note that the parcel is damaged on the delivery note.
Please do not open clearly damaged packages.
Contact me immediately, ideally with the courier still present, and I’ll take the matter off your hands.
I’ll happily handle any disputes with the delivery company whilst keeping you informed of the progress.
- If upon opening a package you notice the item is defective in manufacture then I also want to know about it. You can always return items if they are received defective in manufacture, but please note that I only accept returns of items that have been opened if they are defective in manufacture.
- Before returning an item, please contact me so that I can help you through the process. When returning the item, simply enclose a note for my attention outlining the points we have discussed. Pack the product securely and send the package to me.
For your protection I recommend that you use a recorded-delivery or signed-for service from a reputable courier, and I am more than happy to discuss this with you. If you are returning an item because of an error on my part, because it is defective or has been damaged in transit, I will be happy to refund the delivery charges incurred in sending the item to me and the cost of returning it to you.